BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 7, 2009

Oh Yeah....Origami!!


Today my Son asked why I don't do Origami any more. Good question. So, I got out some origami paper and the book, "Amazing Origami for Children" By Biddle. Origami is the Japanese art of folding paper into all kinds of shapes.

We did some old favorites like the cranes, some new ones for us like the penguin and we wrecked some paper trying some even harder folds.
My stash of Origami paper is real low (gone actually) so I need to lay in a new supply.
I'm reluctant to try and do a step by step tutorial on Origami, since I'm not the best at it. But, there are usually directions for at least one project in the packaging of the Origami paper itself. Of course, your local library can provide a free, low-tech way to learn some Origami.
I have been fascinated by Origami since I was little and as a High School exchange student to Japan, I got to experience this beautiful art up close.The paper is so fun and it's relaxing to do the folding. I am glad that my Son reminded me about it.
I think I forsee a resurgence of Origami in my near future!